Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Book vs. Movie

   I read quite a few books per year (or listen to them) and I am usually disappointed when the book becomes a movie. I just finished "The Girl On the Train" and read an article on IMDb (International Movie Database) about the screen play. They already have casted the three young women that will play the main characters. And the setting for the story. Of coarse I am very disappointed that they have changed two of the main premisses that the book relies on. The main character (Rachel) is a once beautiful, slightly overweight women in her late 20's. Emily Blunt is none of those. The book is set in London and the suburbs. The movie is going to be set in the U.S., probably New York. Once again the book is going to be so much better than the movie. Did you notice that they cast a British actress in the lead but are having the story take place in the U.S.
   I make it a point to read the book before the movie comes out so I get the full character development and then the movie puts faces to all the characters. So I guess I will read "Martian" before I see that movie. The trailer for the movie looks very good. And I read the first chapter of the book and already had Matt Damon in my mind as the lead character. If you have seen the movie let me know what you think.
   Tomorrow I might blog about my TV addiction. Hold on to your hats as I try to list all the TV series I "try" to watch.
MIB44

No comments:

Post a Comment