Friday, July 24, 2015

Liberty University Football

  Some of you might know that I played football at Liberty U. back in the day(leather helmets?). Well I am now a huge supporter of the program. I am a Flames Club member and go to as many games as possible. Each year the football program plays at least one big 5 FBS football game on the road of course. Last year UNC was the game. They have played NC State and Wake Forest in recent years. I have been going to those games. This year they are playing at West Virginia in Morgantown, I can't make that trip but the Flames are opening at home this year against Delaware St. and I am going to that game. I will try to go to at least 2 or 3 more games including Homecoming in Oct.The Flames Football program is in the Division I FCS (used to be 1AA) and are ranked in most of the preseason polls. The highest ranking I have seen has them at 12th. I am so excited about this upcoming season. Last year was the first playoff appearance and first playoff win so expectations are high. And one more thing. The football program has met all the requirements to jump to the FBS. Just waiting for a conference to vote them in. Just missed getting in the Sunbelt Con. last year. If you want to follow the Liberty football program or any of their other 23 division 1 sports programs you can go to: libertyflames.com
MIB44

No comments:

Post a Comment