Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's Fixed

    When I was growing up my dad, watching any sports on TV, would say, "It's Fixed". "The league wants that team to win. " "The TV people need this guy or that team to win." My brother and I would look at each other, and not in words mind you, but thought in our minds, "dad was crazy". Well it might be that I'm getting old and cynical but I think the "fix" is in.  If Tom Brady's suspension was reduced to 1 or 2 games he would be playing against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 4. America"s Team dodges the bullet again. My dad would say the league needs the Cowboys to make the playoffs. I am a Cowboy fan so I'm happy: Garoppolo or Brady is a no brainer. But I don't understand how deflating footballs is a 4 game suspension. We have had several murderers and rapists that played in the league and didn't get 4 games suspensions. I know Goodell is the "New Sheriff" in town but really. Ok, I did hear that they(The NFL) wanted two former Eastern Illinois QBs to face off in a real NFL game. NOT REALLY!!!! It might be a fluke or it could be I'm turning into my dad but this smells fishy. Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment