Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hank Murphy's Record

     At my church, The Summit Church, we have more talented people than you can imagine. Many have written books and songs that we regularly sing in our worship time. What I like the most I think is the fact that none of the proceeds from the sale of any of them go to the creative individual. The money is all funneled back into the church ministries, Which brings me to the latest talented person. One of our worship leaders at our Brier Creek campus, Hank Murphy. He just released a record on iTunes called "Smplfy". This is kind of a review and a plug.
    I was telling some folks the other day that it is a "cross" between Toby Mac and Justin Timberlake. The music is modern and upbeat and sprinkled with Rap. But you won't find any gangster stuff in here. The record is chocked full of uplifting insight into life and our struggles against sin and ourselves. And it is definitely worth $4.99(remember all the $ goes back to the church) So this might not be your favorite style of music but you might know a young person or music junkie like me that would be thrilled with this record. My only problem with the record is, it's not long enough. I wish it was not just 4 songs. (EP)  Did you notice there is no "I" in Smplfy, because it's really not about us it's all about our God.
MIB44

No comments:

Post a Comment