Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sports, CCM, and stuff I like.

     I don't know if anyone will ever read a blog from an old guy who usually flies under the radar. But I do know that all the cool kids blog and tweet and post and the list goes on and on. So here goes.... I'm just gonna blog about stuff I like. You might agree or not but that's not the point. The point is I might have something in my little pea brain that makes since. I'm not going to blog too much about my strong faith based convictions or conservative political leanings, that's no fun. I probably will have enough controversy on my sports teams I root for, not to mention my opinions on "real sports fans". (That's for a later blog) 
     Today I just want to mention Zack Johnson winning the "Open" (I still want to call it the British Open). I root for lots of different golfers who play on the PGA Tour, but mostly the Professed Believers in Christ. Zack is one of those guys. So I was pleased when he won although I'm a big Jordan Spieth fan. You might not like Tiger Woods but I always root for him too. Back to Zack ...He was emotional after the win and I like that. It might make a lot of folks uncomfortable but that softness of the mans heart, I believe comes from knowing what life really is all about. From a small town in Iowa to the birthplace of golf what a story. My hats off to one of the shortest hitters on the PGA tour that has found a way to win 10 tour events including two majors. 
      Well, I don't know how often I'll post on this here blog but I think I might have a few things to say so check it out. Below is a list of topics I'll talk about and things you can ask me about. I'm not Wikipedia so don't ask anything that's too hard.

Anything in the sports world (I mean anything)
Contemporary Christian Music
TV, Movies,The Theater
Liberty University
Books

No comments:

Post a Comment