Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Money Talks

   I just heard that ESPN was picking up the Coastal Carolina vs. Liberty football game. There are a few things I have a problem with. First of all ESPN is moving the game to Thursday night Nov. 19th at 7:00. Talk about a cold game. I was planning on going to the game but thought it would be a Saturday afternoon game. Second of all it's a Thursday night, most people, including me, have to work the next day. It's a 2 hour drive from my house in Durham, NC to the Liberty campus. If the game is over around 10:00 that means getting home after midnight. I have to get up for work at 5:00 am. Not to mention all the out of town Liberty fans that won't be able to attend the game now. I do however think the students will still be on campus, before their Thanksgiving break. So here's the deal the game is going to be on ESPNnews. Is there any added money for this game? Most of Liberty's games can be seen on ESPN3 but ESPN just picks up Liberty's network feed for a minimal cost. Anyway while writing this blog post I have been going over different ways I could still work it out to go. You see I already have a ticket to the game. And it's sure to be a great game with the Big South Championship on the line. And FCS playoff  implications. I drove down to Myrtle Beach last year for this game at Coastal and it was so worth it. Liberty blocked a last second field goal and won 15 - 14, Winning the Big South and getting their first FCS playoff birth.
   SO I TALKED MYSELF INTO IT, I"M GOING.....
MIB44

No comments:

Post a Comment