Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Vent?

  Can I vent just a little? In my neck of the woods, the DOT is building a connector between the Durham Freeway(147) and US 70 at the I-85 exchange. It is a work zone from almost I-85 to where Pleasant Dr. intersects Miami Blv. (70). I drive on this section of road almost every day. The speed limit is 45 mph in the work zone, tons of signs letting all drivers know this. When I drive this route I'm going between 45 and 50 mph and I'm getting passed on both sides. Headlights flashing behind me wanting me to go on. We have figured out 2 things: most people have way more money than me to pay that whopper of a ticket they will get and/or they think that it's like a school zone, you only have to observe the 45 mph if work is going on. There is about an average of 1 road worker killed in work zones every day in the US. Don't be the person that keeps that average going, in my neck of the woods, or yours. #slowdown, #$250fine, #+courtcost, #+jailtime,
I'm done venting for today. I might vent some more tomorrow about my car. Stay tuned.
DMH44

P.S. I know those aren't real hash tags, just making a point

No comments:

Post a Comment