Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Music for the people

   Pillar's new record came out last Friday without much fan fair. The main reason I think was they have been on extended break for 5 years. If you like your music a little harder then you might like them. I group them between Skillet and Red. Front man Rob Beckley doesn't do the "Death Metal" voice as much as Red but there is some. (I am not a fan of the yell "singing" that I call "Death Metal Voice") The guitar riffs and the rest of the record is very much Pillar's style and if you were a fan before you will like this record.
   More music news, the choir and some of the worship leaders from my church are "headlining" at the North Carolina State Fair this year. I have seen many Christian artists at the State Fair over the years. Including Chris Tomlin, Steven Curtis Chapman, Skillet, Francesca Battistelli, Building 429, and many more. But this year the Fair is having all homegrown artists in their Dorton Arena concert series. The Great I Am, featuring Kaimy Masse, Hank Murphy and the Summit Church Choir are the featured artists on Friday, October 16. So if you live in North Carolina and you go to the fair each year why not plan to go on Oct. 16 and hear some great music. I'm sure you will not be disappointed.
MIB44

No comments:

Post a Comment